The National Weather Service is forecasting freezing temperatures this weekend and all next week for Harris and surrounding counties.
Here are some steps that you can take to insure that you are protecting yourself, family, home, plants, and pets.
- Contact your elderly relatives and friends to see if they have a working heather, space heather, food and water.
- Stay home if at all possible due to icy conditions on the roads.
- Limit outdoors play for your children due to the extra stain cold weather can have on the body.
- Make sure that your space heaters have enough space between children, pets, furniture, bed sheets, and drapes.
- Never use a generator or camping stove indoors due to the carbon monoxide they emit.
- Wrap all connected waters pipes on the exterior of your home.
- Disconnect and drain all water hoses and sprinklers.
- Bring indoors or cover all of your cold sensitive plants.
- Bring inside all of your pets and make sure that your livestock has adequate shelter.
Sincerely, Hartgrove Insurance
By: TWFG Hartgrove Insurance
For more information, contact us at 713-515-5774 or 713-858-8113